Real Work, Real Training, Real Results
Claudia De La Via came to GeoEngineers after an internship and through relationships forged with GeoEngineer staff while volunteering with Engineers Without Borders.
The GeoEngineers Internship Advantage
Get real-world experience in geology, engineering, and earth science fields while still in school! GeoEngineers' internship program offers a unique opportunity to learn and practice the foundational skills of your field while making contacts with mentors and industry experts.
- Work on real geotechnical and earth science projects.
- Get paid for your work.
- Learn on the job from mentors with decades of experience in their fields.
- Make professional connections to industry leaders.
- Set yourself up for career opportunities after graduation.
For years, interns at GeoEngineers have contributed to real work in the field while setting themselves up for future employment. Many of our interns who have proven themselves in the field have even successfully transitioned to full-time employment after graduation! Read some of their stories on their Staff Bio pages linked above. Our summer internships last from June to August each year. More information below.
What Makes An Ideal Intern
- Current enrollment in a Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology or Environmental Engineering Bachelor's (completed 2+ years of coursework) or Master's program.
- Intent to pursue a Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology or Environmental Engineering preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Hard working, reliable, and ready to learn.
- Ability to perform a range of physical activities in the field.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical information.
- Valid driver's license required.
How to Apply
- View and apply for specific internship positions on our Job Openings page.
- Submit your application before February 1.
- If your qualifications fit an internship position we'll contact you for an interview.
- If accepted, you'll receive an offer by the end of March.
Still Have Questions?
Contact us with any additional questions you have on the internship process.