As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a key role in managing some of the most exciting and technically challenging transportation projects in the Western United States! Our geotechnical team is recognized as a leader in the transportation market, and we are looking to grow our already strong team with the addition of another Geotechnical Engineering Project Manager. As part of our transportation-focused geotechnical team, your responsibilities will include planning field exploration programs, conducting technical briefings with field staff, and completing project management tasks including budgeting, client communications, and coordinating internal teams of junior engineers. You will also be responsible for performing complex engineering analyses and preparing technical reports, as well as overseeing field explorations and construction observation. As a project manager, you will be responsible for mentoring and overseeing the work of junior engineers and field technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead or coordinate the development and implementation of field exploration programs in accordance with AASHTO and local jurisdiction requirements.
- Assist with training and mentoring junior staff.
- Complete engineering analyses and calculations.
- Lead the generation of technical reports including completion of routine reports, figures, tables, etc.; Assist senior staff in completing portions of large, complex reports, figures, tables, etc.
- Support project management tasks such as budget planning, general field report reviews, and proposal development. Manage small projects under the supervision of a certified professional engineer or geologist as required.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering required; MS degree with a Geotechnical Engineering focus strongly preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- At least one year of project management experience.
- PE license required.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Redmond, Seattle or Tacoma WA, is $88,778 – $111,664. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements. ?
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.