Are you a recent geology or hydrogeology graduate with a passion for solving groundwater problems? Do you enjoy being outdoors and getting your hands dirty? Are you interested in being part of a fast-growing team of creative, innovative and hard-working engineers and scientists, working together to help find solutions to several of the Earth’s biggest problems? Then GeoEngineers wants you!
GeoEngineers, Inc., a leading environmental and engineering consulting services provider, is seeking an entry level hydrogeologist for our Redmond, WA location to assist with a variety of technically challenging projects in multiple market area. The successful candidate will also support our other Pacific Northwest offices and national natural resources practice.
As a staff hydrogeologist you will be responsible for conducting hydrogeologic field investigations for water supply development, groundwater control, and stormwater infiltration projects. You can expect to spend a significant portion of your time in the field on projects, both big and small, allowing you to develop a broad understanding of soil and groundwater conditions related to hydrogeologic issues. You will also be involved in report preparation and performing hydrogeologic analysis, such as groundwater mounding, slug- and aquifer test analysis, infiltration test analysis, groundwater flow modeling, and Critical Aquifer Recharge Area assessments. This position may also provide support to our geotechnical engineering and environmental teams in the Puget Sound and other locations, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting hydrogeologic field investigations including sampling and logging of soil and rock during drilling, water supply well siting, design, installation and development, aquifer testing, groundwater monitoring and infiltration testing.
- Assist with gathering field data and field samples for related projects. Coordinate samples for testing as needed.
- Responsible for preparing field reports and performing hydrogeologic analyses such as groundwater mounding, slug- and aquifer-test analysis, and infiltration test analysis.
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing data and assisting in the development of groundwater flow models and dewatering plans based on the data you collect.
- Support a variety of projects mainly in the Puget Sound area but may support our hydrogeologic team at other locations as needed.
- Hold a BS in Geology or a related field; MS in Geology or Hydrogeology is preferred.
- Preferably be a Geologist-In-Training (GIT) certification.
- Be able to adapt to changing project requirements and successfully work within a team.
- Have a strong field orientation and proven problem-solving skills.
- Have professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel domestically, as needed.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- All employees are subject to completing a background check, reference check, and pre-employment physicals and drug/alcohol testing.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities and do heavy work including exerting up to 50 pounds of force on occasion.
- Able to perform consistent work on a PC.
- Ability to travel for short-term and long-term assignments as needed.
- All employees are responsible for conducting their work in a safe manner. This includes identifying potential safety hazards and reporting them to the designated project manager in a timely manner and participating in project safety briefings. This also includes wearing appropriate safety equipment when working in the field and completing all required health & safety training prior to beginning field work.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Redmond, WA is $59,370- $76,396. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.