The Field Technician is responsible for supporting field work activities for various projects within the assigned discipline. May also assist with laboratory testing and support engineers and scientists with other project-related deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors field explorations and construction activities as they relate to the company’s services.
- Completes detailed, accurate field notes and prepares daily field reports in a timely manner.
- Collects samples from the field (soil, groundwater, surface water, concrete, etc.) in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains and operates field equipment/instrumentation as needed in accordance with specified procedures.
- Conducts field inspections in a safe manner in accordance with established Health and Safety guidelines.
- May assist with laboratory testing as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or advanced training preferred.
- 1 year of related field experience preferred. Experience within appropriate discipline (geotechnical, environmental, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with field report preparation preferred.
- Appropriate Health & Safety certification (i.e. Nuclear Density Gauge training, 40 Hour HAZWOPER training, etc.) required. Certification may be obtained upon hire as deemed appropriate.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical information and instructions.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs., prolonged sitting and regular walking, bending, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities and do heavy work including exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- All employees are subject to completing a background check, reference check, and pre-employment physicals and drug/alcohol testing.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Baton Rouge LA, is $18.02 – $26.97 per hour. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.