The Laboratory Data Entry Technician is responsible for checking and entry of raw laboratory testing data into a database for storage and reporting. This position may also periodically be responsible for performing laboratory tests, using the database system to prepare soil boring logs, and modifying reporting templates within the database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands basic soil testing procedures and soil classification according to ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Reviews and enters data into the Bentley Systems gINT and Geosystems databases.
- Assists the laboratory manager with quantifying test quantities to track billing and costs.
- Supports compliance with applicable standards by completing appropriate testing and documentation as needed.
- Assists with maintenance of the soil sample inventory control system.
- Assists the laboratory manager with maintenance of lab procedures and documentation.
- May support the QC/QA Manager with ongoing lab certification requirements if applicable to assigned location.
- May perform laboratory tests, including but not limited to: triaxial compression, moisture/density, moisture content, hydrometer, Atterberg limits, and sieve analysis.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or advanced training preferred.
- 1 year of related experience, preferably using a database. GeoEngineers will provide training on gINT and Geosystems is there is no previous experience.
- Previous experience writing various laboratory analyses.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical information and instructions.
- Ability to perform basic-to-advanced mathematical and statistical calculations.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs., prolonged sitting and regular walking, bending, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC with prolonged view of a monitor/screen.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Baton Rouge LA, is $15.81 – $23.71 per hour. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.