Are you a recent engineering, geology or environmental science graduate with a passion for cleaning up the environment? If you want to get your hands dirty, if you want to be challenged, if you want to harmonize our planet and the people who call it home — then GeoEngineers wants you. We guide our clients in the delicate dance between human needs and natural systems, collaborating to find creative solutions along the way. Jumpstart your career today. Join our team of multi-disciplinary earth science gurus, and see what we can accomplish, together.
GeoEngineers, Inc., a leading earth science and technology consulting firm, is seeking a Staff Environmental Engineer/Geologist for our Portland, Oregon office to assist with a variety of technically challenging projects. GeoEngineers is an employee-owned company established in 1980 providing unparalleled client service and innovative science and engineering solutions. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow professionally and make a real impact while taking part in ground-breaking projects and working with leading edge technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for field exploration and observation for environmental projects, including preparation of Phase I and Phase II ESAs, soil, sediment and ground water sampling and data analysis
- Responsible for monitoring remedial projects
- Assists in documenting field conditions and writing field reports.
- Responsible for managing, evaluating, and interpreting chemical, geologic, hydrogeologic, biological and other environmental data, and preforming chemical calculations
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology, or a related field required. M.S. preferred
- 1-2 years of related environmental field experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong field orientation and proven problem-solving skills required.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability/willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Completion of 40 hour OSHA training preferred.
- WA or OR Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification or Geologist-In-Training (GIT) preferred.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this the Staff Environmental Engineer, located in Portland OR, is $62,752-$80,713 annually. Our best estimate of the salary range for this the Staff Environmental Geologist, located in Portland OR, is $55,853-$71,842 annually. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.