- Position Title: Staff Geotechnical Engineers (multiple positions available)
- Position Location: 11923 Sunbelt Court, Baton Rouge, LA 70809. Domestic travel to project sites may be required up to 50% of the time. Periodic remote work is allowed with supervisor approval.
- Salary: $76,586.00 – $86,159.00
- Days/Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
Summary of Duties:
- Perform civil engineering activities related to geotechnical engineering projects, including site characterization; construction observation; field report production; engineering analyses, calculations and designs; and routine spatial analysis. Specific duties include:
- Support observation of field explorations and construction projects, ensuring that work performed is consistent with project plans and specifications as well as in accordance with safety guidelines. Complete detailed, accurate field reports and assist with coordination of field exploration programs.
- Gather field data and field samples for related projects. Coordinate samples for testing.
- Support the completion of permit applications and field surveys according to appropriate federal and state guidelines.
- Complete engineering analyses and/or calculations within assigned discipline.
- Assist with preparation of deliverables such as memos and reports and provide occasional quality assurance/control support. Ensure that deliverables are submitted to the project manager in a timely manner and are completed as estimated.
- Assist project team members in making basic design decisions from detailed criteria provided by the senior engineer or project manager.
- Occasionally assist with project management tasks such as budget planning, general field report reviews, and proposal development.
- Perform analyses using geotechnical-related software programs such as LPILE, Slope/W and Settle3, or equivalent.
- Domestic travel to project sites may be required up to 50% of the time. Periodic remote work is allowed with supervisor approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related engineering field. Applicants must also posssess: Engineering Intern (EI) or EIT (Engineer-in-Training) certification or evidence of having passed the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Exam.
The following is also required:
- Completion of coursework (at either an undergraduate or graduate level) covering the following topics: soil mechanics, foundation design, slope stability, earth retaining structures, foundation-system design, geosynthetics applications, and engineering and construction management; and
- Completion of 1 academic year of graduate-level (Masters or Doctorate) coursework in Civil Engineering or a closely related subject.
***All education, training and experience may be gained concurrently.***
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Baton Rouge LA is $76,586 – $86,159. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.