The Technical Editor is responsible for editing technical reports companywide as well as other in-house and outgoing deliverables. This individual will work on-site in any of our 13 offices, a comprehensive list of our office locations can be found below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Edits documents, tables, figures, appendices and other items for accuracy and consistency in content, organization, clarity, style, punctuation, grammar, and conciseness.
- Develops training program for staff on writing style consistent with grammar rules, company guidelines and client needs.
- Ensures that publications conform to team and company standards, are technically accurate and effectively communicate content.
- Manages and assists in maintaining/updating company document preparation manual.
- Advises company of changes in federal and state reporting regulations and associated effects on company documents.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or related area or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years related experience. Industry experience/familiarity a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to critically edit and proofread complex technical documents for structure and content.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively handle multiple assignments simultaneously, troubleshoot issues, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and other standard business software and computer operations highly desired.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., prolonged sitting and regular walking, bending, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC with prolonged view of a monitor/screen.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally as needed.
- Idaho: Boise
- Louisiana: Baton Rouge
- Massachusetts: Downtown Boston, Southborough
- Missouri: Springfield
- Oregon: Downtown Portland, Lake Oswego
- Texas: Houston
- Washington: Bellingham, Redmond, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Baton Rouge LA, and Springfield MO is $64,920-$100,040. Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Boise ID, and Spokane WA is $67,870-$104,590. Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Bellingham WA, Houston TX, Lake Oswego OR, and Portland OR is $70,820-$109,130. Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Boston MA, Redmond WA, Seattle WA, Southborough MA, and Tacoma WA is $73,780-$113,680. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.