GeoEngineers is seeking an Environmental Compliance Specialist for our Washington State offices. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of regulatory requirements, anticipated changes, and industry perspectives. Your job will require regular interaction with clients and potential future clients to discuss compliance needs and strategies for implementation. Experience with applicable regulations and developing compliance management programs is essential as is understanding how to build solutions for industrial and manufacturing operations, developing and implementing management programs for clients, and directing the completion of permit-required agency reports or documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Project planning and budgeting, fieldwork and data collection, data management, data analysis, QA/QC review, compliance gap analysis, reporting, and technical project management.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Directly managing projects involving compliance support, monitoring, reporting, and engineering solutions.
- Coordinate projects from start to finish including field data collection.
- Presentation of project concepts, findings, and recommendations to clients, owners, and regulatory agencies.
- Provide technical review and mentorship of junior staff.
- Traveling to client sites as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5 plus years of related experience.
- CHMM, CPSWQ certifications, or a PE license are strongly preferred, but not required as a Compliance Specialist.
- Experience in air, industrial wastewater, solid waste, hazardous waste, stormwater, and hazardous materials storage is desirable.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- All employees are subject to completing a background check, reference check, pre-employment physicals, and drug/alcohol testing.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities and do heavy work including exerting up to 50 pounds of force on occasion.
- Able to perform consistent work on a PC.
- Ability to travel for short-term and long-term assignments as needed.
- All employees are responsible for conducting their work in a safe manner. This includes identifying potential safety hazards and reporting them to the designated project manager in a timely manner and participating in project safety briefings. This also includes wearing appropriate safety equipment when working in the field and completing all required health & safety training prior to beginning fieldwork.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Redmond, Seattle or Tacoma WA is $86,900 – $108,240. Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Bellingham WA is $81,810 – $101,850. Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Spokane WA is $78,540 – $97,780. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.