As a Marketing Assistant you will be responsible for providing support to our corporate marketing team by collaborating with other marketing team members to advance firm-wide initiatives and best practices. You will work alongside marketing and communication professionals to develop tracking and reporting systems, collect, and create marketing materials, and assist with a variety of projects that support the GeoEngineers’ business plan. This role can work out of our Tacoma or Seattle offices. This role is a temporary position with a duration of 90 days or less.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the proposal team with company-wide marketing efforts that include organizing and cataloging resumes, firm profiles, project descriptions, and proposals to our proposal management system.
- Create and maintain marketing materials such as information sheets, staff biographies, project photographs, and collateral materials.
- Create and maintain a database of professional associations and organizations the firm is engaged with.
- Research prospective clients and summarize findings for marketing and technical staff.
- Develop a catalog of promotional materials and needs for external events.
- Write and review internal and external corporate communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Enrollment or completion of a business certificate program or degree preferred.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills including excellent writing, copyediting, and proofreading.
- Ability to consistently offer a team and customer service mindset.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task, adhere to deadlines, and remain flexible under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications. Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC with prolonged view of a monitor/screen.
Our best estimate of the salary for this position, located in Tacoma or Seattle Washington is $21.68 an hour. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.