For a fifth consecutive year, the Springfield Business Journal nominated GeoEngineers’ office in Springfield, MO, as a Choice Employer. The local award recognizes top employers in the Springfield area for their employee incentives and workplace environment.
GeoEngineers received the highest ranking in employee incentives among all 12 nominated companies and placed in the top three of its size category. This is the fourth time in the past five years that GeoEngineers has placed in the top three.
The Springfield Business Journal nominates Choice Employers based on survey scores about workplace benefits in the areas of incentives, family friendliness, people development and corporate culture. Some of the highlighted employee incentives that placed GeoEngineers first overall in that category include:
- No-waiting period for 401(k) and 403(b) plans, with a 1 to 3 percent automatic match of employees’ annual salary
- More than 20 paid days off
- 100 percent coverage of health insurance premiums for all employees, and 76 to 99 percent coverage for dependents
- Health insurance coverage is extended to domestic partners and employees caring for aging parents
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Transportation assistance, including a $20 per month subsidy for employees who ride their bikes to work at least three days a week
- A $20 a month fitness subsidy for classes and programs with established gyms or recreation programs
Accepting the award for GeoEngineers at a ceremony on November 14 was Associate and Trenchless-Energy Group Leader Mark Miller, PE. Other GeoEngineers employees in attendance at the ceremony were Karla Reynoso, Matt Clevenger, Cindi Anderson and Jennie Hart.
Read the Springfield Business Journal’s full Choice Employer online coverage.