The Bravern Foundation, Dewatering and Shoring Design
Our geotechnical designs solved site problems for Bellevue developers.
Developing an under-utilized parcel in Bellevue that maximized on-site parking was challenging, considering the groundwater and soil conditions. GeoEngineers provided construction dewatering and shoring design solutions for an excavation below the groundwater table, leading the way for this two-tower mid/high-rise facility.
GeoEngineers integrated a geotechnical and hydrogeologic approach for this 12- and 23-story tower project that included an eight-story underground parking garage. GeoEngineers provided:
- Temporary and permanent dewatering 30 feet below the groundwater table
- Shoring system composed of soil nail shoring in dewatered conditions
- Site-specific response spectra and accelerated time history for the seismic study, allowing the structural engineer to perform 3-D modeling
- Site-response analyses and design earthquake acceleration records
- High-capacity footing design
- Full dewatering plan and conceptual soil nail plan for contractor bidding
The Bravern Office Commons opened in late 2008. The facility covers half a city block in downtown Bellevue and adds 745,000 square feet of office and retail space.